Unlock Your Creative Self
What: 4 Session Series to Move You from Stuck to Thriving in Any Creative Endeavor!
When: All sessions run from 10:30 a.m. to noon
Where: Crossroads Art Center, 2016 Staples Mill Road, Richmond, VA 23230
Fee: $45 for all four (4) sessions below, or $15 per session
April 26, 2014 Get Unstuck
Identifying Barriers to Productivity, Prosperity & Creativity. What keeps you stuck, unable to take action to accomplish your goals and move forward? Is it clutter, negative self-talk, too many obligations, skill deficits? Are you going to let those barriers stop you? This seminar will arm you with information to identify, face those barriers, and get unstuck and moving! You will learn:
• emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual signs of stuckness,
• common ways to stay stuck,
• the Control Theory Model of action, and
• proven ways to get unstuck.
May 3, 2014 Getting Things Done
An Awareness/Action Challenge. Getting things done is essential for any creative endeavor as well as keeping a job, keeping a home, and keeping your life in order. How good are you at remembering what you need to do, initiating action and completing tasks? In this seminar you will learn:
• ways to capture tasks to do,
• strategies for initiating action, and
• a new perspective on completion that will motivate you to finish tasks.
June 7, 2014 ADD/ADHD
Challenges and Solutions. ADD/ADHD is a neurobiological disorder that has a profound impact on a person's ability to focus, manage time, initiate and sustain action, and complete tasks. People who have ADD/ADHD are often very intelligent but unable to live up to their potential. In this seminar you will learn:
• how ADD/ADHD shows up,
• the brain challenges that underly ADD/ADHD,
• the AEC model to use in addressing ADD/ADHD with curiosity, understanding and acceptance, and
• what works to manage ADD/ADHD.
June 21, 2014 Perfectionism
A Productivity & Clutter Clearing Challenge. Does the quest for perfect keep you stuck and less productive than you want to be? If so, you are not alone! In this seminar you will learn:
• the myth of perfectionism,
• perfectionism's many faces--how perfectionism shows up,
• the cost of the quest for perfect, and
• new perspectives to quiet the urge for perfect.